COMPLAINT: DEAD - No Picture
Prior Visible Convergence Fault with 3D Picture and Colored Outlines
Convergence ICs can partially fail or fail intermittently and show a blurry or 3D picture. The ICs then Short Circuit internally and cause the Safety Protection circuit to operate. TV will not start because the protection circuit senses wrong current in convergence circuit.
- If convergence faults similar to images in the Convergence Gallery were visible before a Dead or No Picture condition occurred, you have a convergence circuit failure.
- Auto-focus or convergence adjustment Not working correctly before the WON'T START condition confirms a convergence failure.
- If your TV operated normally before an obvious Convergence Failure, most likely the only problem is convergence failure.
1. Convergence failure typically appears after Lightning Strikes or other Power Line fluctuations. Turn off/unplug TV when lightning, visible power fluctuations (lights dimming) or other power issues occur.
2. Convergence faults also often appear after moving the TV or collisions with vacuum cleaners.
3. Excessive heat from sunlight or forced air furnaces also causes pre-mature convergance failure.